Players Club Terms & Conditions
Michigan Lottery Players Club™ Program
TERMS & CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. By using this web site, you agree to the following
Terms & Conditions governing the Michigan Lottery Players Club™ Program.
A. Overview of The Michigan Lottery Players Club™ ProgramThe Michigan Lottery Players Club™ Program (the "Program") is a second chance Lottery program sponsored by the Michigan Bureau of State Lottery (“Sponsor”) through which individuals (“Participants”) can collect points (“Points”) by submitting non-winning Michigan Lottery Instant Game tickets (each, an "Instant Ticket", collectively, the "Instant Tickets") that will contain a code on the face of the Instant Ticket and a code under the scratch-off portion of the Instant Ticket, available while supplies last or by submitting non-winning Michigan Lottery Mega Millions tickets, Daily 3 & 4 tickets, Lotto 47 tickets, Fantasy 5 tickets, Powerball tickets, Daily Keno tickets, Raffle tickets and/or Club Keno tickets (each, a "Draw Game Ticket", collectively, the "Draw Game Tickets") that will contain a code on the face of the Draw Game Ticket, or by submitting eligible non-winning Michigan Lottery Pull Tab Tickets (each, a "Pull Tab Ticket", collectively, the "Pull Tab Tickets") that will contain a code on the front of the Pull Tab Ticket and a code under the tabs on the back of the Pull Tab Ticket, available while supplies last. Eligible Pull Tab Tickets include non-winning Pull Tab Tickets released on or after November 3, 2013, Stack ‘Em Up (#596) and Casino Craze (#504). Participants can then visit http://www.michiganlottery.com (the “Website”) to have their accounts credited with the Points they have collected. Participants may use their Points to participate in drawings and instant win games offered by Sponsor from time to time as listed in the rewards catalog (“Rewards Catalog”) on the Website.
B. Participation in the Program1. The Program is void where prohibited by law. Participation is open to legal U.S. residents that are physically located within the State of Michigan who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older. The Program is administered by HelloWorld, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, Michigan 48069 ("HelloWorld").
2. The following individuals are NOT eligible to participate in the Program: (a) employees of HelloWorld (b) employees of the Michigan Bureau of State Lottery (“Sponsor”); (c) employees of Sponsor’s affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies; (d) employees of any other person or entity involved in the development, administration, or execution of the Program; and (e) the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and/or spouse of each) living in the same household as persons set forth in items (a) through (d) above.
3. Participation in the Program constitutes each Participant's full and unconditional agreement to these Terms & Conditions, and representation that Participant meets the eligibility requirements set forth in these Terms & Conditions. Those who do not comply with these Terms & Conditions may be prohibited from participating in the Program.
C. Modification and Termination of the Program1. By participating in the Program, Participants hereby agree that Sponsor may modify any of the Terms & Conditions governing the Program at any time (including, without limitation, these Terms & Conditions), with or without notice, even though these changes may affect a Participant's ability to use accumulated Points.
2. The Program is scheduled to begin on or about May 28, 2010 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and end on or about June 1, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Program Period”). Sponsor, however, may terminate the Program at any time, with or without notice, even though termination may affect a Participant’s ability to use accumulated Points. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Program Period in its sole discretion.
3. A Participant's continued participation in the Program constitutes his or her acceptance of any changes to these Terms & Conditions.
D. Collecting Points1. New Accounts: Effective August 11, 2014, the Michigan Lottery is expanding its available online services. To create a Michigan Lottery Players Club Account (“Account”) after August 11, 2014, a Participant must click on the “Open Account” button on the top of the page and follow the onscreen instructions. Participants who create Accounts after August 11 2014, are also subject to the Terms and Conditions for online purchasing, including requirements for creating an Account.
2. Existing Accounts: Participants who created Accounts on or before August 11, 2014, must log-in to their Accounts and follow the onscreen instructions to update registration. Participants with existing Accounts may also upgrade their Accounts to include new services such as online purchases. Participants who do not upgrade their Accounts are subject to these Terms. Accumulated Points will not be affected by upgrading or retaining existing Accounts.
3. Enrolment: An individual must have a unique valid e-mail address and be a current resident of the United States. Limit one (1) Account per person. Limit one (1) account per e-mail address, regardless of whether more than one (1) person uses the same e-mail address. The person who is the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address indicated when registering (and who otherwise meets the eligibility criteria) will be deemed the Participant. Accounts created or upgraded after August 11, 2014, are also subject to the Terms and Conditions for online purchases, including all requirements for registering an Account stated therein. Participants that successfully create, upgrade, or register their Accounts will be enrolled in the Program. The number of Points collected by such Participant will be recorded and tracked in the Participant’s Point Activity.
4. Unique Codes: Each Instant Ticket will contain a three (3) digit game code which appears on the front lower corner of the Instant Ticket and an eight (8) digit VIRN security code which appears under the scratch-off portion of the Instant Ticket. Each Draw Game Ticket will contain a nineteen (19) digit numerical code which appears on the lower front center of the ticket. Each Pull Tab Ticket will contain numbers on the front of the ticket, which appear centered on the bottom of the ticket, and numbers on the back of the ticket under the lifted tabs. If the Pull Tab Ticket does not have underlined numbers on the back of the ticket, there are fifteen (15) digits on the front of the ticket and five (5) digits on the back of the ticket. If the Pull Tab Ticket does have underlined numbers on the back of the ticket, there is a three (3) digit game code on the front of the ticket and eight (8) digits on the back of the ticket (collectively, the "Codes"). Collect the Codes from Instant Tickets and/or Draw Games Tickets and/or Pull Tab Tickets during the Program Period, or other methods determined by Sponsor during the Program Period, available while supplies last. Visit the Website while physically located within the state of Michigan and follow the links and instructions to enter your Codes. For each set of unique Codes entered from a single Instant Ticket and/or Draw Game Ticket and/or Pull Tab Ticket, Participants will automatically receive Points corresponding to the Codes entered. Participants will receive the number of Points for each ticket purchased and for which the Codes are recorded on the Website during the Program Period based on the following ratio: $1 = 2 Points and $.50 = 1 Point. Limit: Each Participant may enter up to forty (40) Codes per day during the Program Period. For purposes of this Program a “day” shall be 12:00 a.m. ET through 11:59 p.m. ET. Sponsor reserves the right to change the number of Points awarded for tickets purchased at any time during the Program, and the right to change, add, or remove the methods by which Participants can collect Points.
5. Participant Accounts: Sponsor will attempt to credit Participant Accounts with Points on a timely basis. However, each Participant will have the responsibility of ensuring that his or her Points are properly credited. Any claim for Points not credited accurately must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days of the date of claimed accrual of such Points. Sponsor shall have no liability for any printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other errors in the Points summaries or Accounts. Sponsor reserves the right to invalidate Points from an Account if it determines that such Points were improperly credited to such Account or obtained fraudulently. Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of accrual of Points and Sponsor reserves the right to delay the processing or redemption of any Points without notice to Participants, in order to assure compliance with these Terms & Conditions. Participants are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their Accounts and passwords and for restricting access to their computers and activity on their Account, and Participants agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under their Accounts or passwords. Without limiting any other remedies, Sponsor may suspend or terminate a Participant’s Account if Sponsor suspects that a Participant has engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Program. Participation in the Program is subject to these Terms & Conditions, as well as policies and procedures that Sponsor may adopt or modify from time to time. Any failure to abide by these Terms & Conditions or any policies or procedures implemented by Sponsor, any conduct detrimental to Sponsor, or any misrepresentation or fraudulent activities in connection with the Program may result, in addition to any rights or remedies available to Sponsor in law or equity, in the termination of participation in the Program, as well as forfeiture of Points accrued to date and any other benefits earned in connection therewith, in Sponsor's sole discretion.
6. Illegible Codes: If a Participant cannot read a Code or a Code is destroyed when scratching off a ticket or pulling open a tab, Participant must send an email to Customer Service using the Contact Us link on the Website. Customer Service will provide Participant with instructions on how to proceed. Sponsor may require proof of illegible codes, not limited to submission of the tickets for all damaged Codes.
7. No Cash Value or Transferability: Points do not constitute property, do not entitle a Participant a vested right or interest and have no cash value. As such, Points are not redeemable for cash, transferable or assignable for any reason, and are not transferable upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter or otherwise by operation of law. The sale of Points is strictly prohibited. Any Points remaining in a Participant’s Account at the end of the Program Period will be forfeited without compensation. There shall be no carry over or transfer of Points to other Sponsor programs, or extensions of the Program beyond the Program Period, unless otherwise determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
8. Code Verification: Sponsor reserves the right to require proof, including, but not limited to, the ticket. Sponsor’s decisions regarding the awarding of Points are final and binding. Validated Codes that are subsequently determined to be invalid for any reason are subject to disqualification and the corresponding Points will be removed from the Participant’s Account to which the invalid Points were credited.
E. Redeeming Points1. A Participant may visit the Website to redeem Points for entries/plays in the drawings, instant win games and merchandise (“Rewards”) offered in the Rewards Catalog.
2. A Participant may begin using Points for Rewards in the Rewards Catalog beginning May 28, 2010 until June 1, 2016.
3. To spend/redeem your Points, click on the "Redeem Points" link in the “Players Club” tab and follow the links and instructions to browse through the Rewards Catalog. Once Participant has located a Reward he or she would like to enter/play, he or she can redeem Points by clicking on the link for the particular Reward while physically located within the state of Michigan and checking the corresponding check-box which indicates that he or she has read and agrees to comply with the official Terms & Conditions governing the applicable Reward. Participant will receive confirmation that he or she will receive merchandise, has received an entry into the drawing or be redirected to the instant win game page to utilize the game play and the associated Points will be deducted from his or her Account.
4. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the list of drawings and instant win games available for participation in, as well as their corresponding Point values, at any time for any reason.
5. The total number of Points a Participant can use on Rewards is the number of Points he or she has available in his or her Account.
6. All Point redemptions for Rewards from the Rewards Catalog are final and the Points will be deducted immediately from Participant's Account.
7. Any Points not used within one (1) year after credit to an Account shall expire and be forfeited without compensation.
8. Any Points remaining in a Participant's Account which has remained inactive for a period of one (1) year or more will be forfeited without compensation. Failure to either credit Points to an Account or redeem Points from an Account constitutes inactivity for purposes of this condition.
9. Any Points remaining in a Participant's Account at the end of the Program Period will be forfeited without compensation. The Points have no cash value and are only redeemable for offered Rewards via the Program.
F. General Terms and Conditions1. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the eligibility of any person who uses, or, in the case of suspension, is suspected of using, the Program in a manner inconsistent with these Terms & Conditions or any federal or state laws, statutes or ordinances. In addition to suspension or discontinuance of the Program eligibility, Sponsor shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
2. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any of these Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that, or any other, provision.
3. The Program is provided to individuals only. Corporations, associations, including school organizations, or other groups may not participate in the Program.
4. All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program, the availability of drawings/instant win games, or a Participant’s compliance with these Terms & Conditions will be resolved by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. Neither Sponsor nor HelloWorld is responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Participants while participating in the Program.
6. Participants are responsible for the payment of all taxes which may result from participation in the Program.
7. Participants are responsible for maintaining updated contact information in the My Profile area of the Website. The information provided is to include legal name, current valid address, and phone numbers. Failure to keep profile information updated may result in forfeiture of prizes.
8. Limit two (2) unique accounts per household. More than two (2) accounts per household may forfeit eligibility.
9. Sponsor reserves the right to request valid identification from Participants, including but not limited to, a notarized copy of valid state or federal government issued identification.
10. The Program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
G. Limitation of Liability1. HelloWorld, Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and promotional and advertising agencies are not responsible for any printing or computer error, omission, interruption, irregularity, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Program materials or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of Program information due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, at any website or any combination thereof. In the event that online access is temporarily corrupted and suspended, notice of such will be provided at the Website and Participants will be advised to hold Codes until such time that the Program, as originally intended, may be resumed.
2. By participating in the Program, each Participant accepts all responsibility for, and hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless HelloWorld, Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, promotion and advertising agencies, franchisees, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and successors, assigns, and service providers from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, or expenses that may arise from actions taken by such Participant and/or Participant’s participation in the Program, or for any harm or injury caused by any third party.
3. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL HELLOWORLD, SPONSOR AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, FRANCHISEES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM OR ANY DRAWING/INSTANT WIN GAME, EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING OR ANY OF THEIR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THEREFORE SUCH EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF HELLOWORLD IMPROPERLY DENIES A PARTICIPANT ANY ENTRY/PLAY, LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO ANOTHER ENTRY/PLAY IN A DRAWING OR INSTANT WIN GAME IF TIME PERMITS. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM, A PARTICIPANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM OR ACTION RELATED TO SUCH MATTERS IN ANY FORUM BEYOND ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE FIRST OCCURRENCE OF THE KIND OF ACT, EVENT, CONDITION OR OMISSION UPON WHICH THE CLAIM OR ACTION IS BASED.
4. HelloWorld, Sponsor and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, franchisees, successors assigns, and service providers, are not responsible for any products or services offered on the Website. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY LAW, HELLOWORLD AND SPONSOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES SOLD THROUGH THE PROGRAM, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
5. This special promotion shall in no way alter the current Terms & Conditions, regulations, and directives pertaining to lottery tickets except as provided herein. By participating in this special promotion, lottery retailers and players enter into a contract with the Bureau of State Lottery. Ramirez v Bureau of State Lottery, 186 Mich App 275 (1990). All tickets, transactions, and claims are subject to the laws of the State of Michigan, and the Terms & Conditions, regulations and directives of the Lottery, and any changes thereto. All decisions made by the Commissioner including the declaration of prizes and payment thereof shall be final and binding on every person making a claim in respect thereof.
6. If any provision of these Terms & Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms & Conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect..
Sponsored by: Michigan Bureau of State Lottery, 101 E. Hillsdale, Lansing, MI 48909